Urchins in Turkey Wagons

Posted by jdg | 11:42 AM

The dog wagon seems to have inspired Greg (and his readers) to investigate all manner of beast-driven carts. . . as well as show some love for the street urchin child-rearing of long-gone generations. If I hadn't been so inspired by that long catalog of dog carts (and one lion cart) it could have been an urchin post, but I would be remiss if I didn't show some love for these turkey cart riding urchins. What a way to get to Thanksgiving dinner!


As I commented on daddytypes, as soon as my daughter sees these, building a wild pheasant cart is inevitabile.

Photo
Nearly all of these urchins were discovered in the photography archives of the Library of Congress (and available without copyright restrictions online). Otherwise, urchin photos will be credited to the appropriate photographer with a link to its source (unless they come from my own collection of photographs from unknown photographers). If there is ever a copyright concern, do not hesitate to contact me.